Blueberry Type of Breakfast.
Remember the phrase, “there are two sides to every coin?” It’s always used when tackling serious things, like resolving conflicts or debates. Let’s use it for lighter moments (
maybe not) like when you wake up, because I don’t think there’s a better way to explain the mixed feelings one experiences. If you could feel the same way each day you wake up, that you’re able to pull a Bey, “I woke up feeling like this … flawless”, how beautiful would that be?
It’s like each day when you wake up you subconsciously flip a coin, and the side it lands determines how the day is going to be – I don’t know which one we would say is the head or tail. We can’t use the “you woke up on the wrong side of the bed” phrase any more because some beds are against the wall, others, the significant other is on the other side, and others apparently have circular beds – which I haven’t seen yet.
Sometimes you have so much energy to conquer the world, other times, you just want to place yourself somewhere, take a chill pill and claw on anything that attempts to ruin that set-up.
Its days when you have the energy to conquer the world that you think of tantalizing and bubbly edibles like blueberry pancakes and shakes. That you can drag yourself to the kitchen and transform your thoughts into actions. Trust me, from experience, this doesn’t happen every day, at least in my case. I wouldn’t even encourage the mister to think so, or he’d be disappointed…lol. It’s virtually impossible, the mind might want but the body, the body is always the challenge. Though we try.
Here goes the recipe.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- Whisk milk, egg and vanilla together in a jug.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and salt.
- Add the milk mixture. Whisk until just combined. Stir in extra vanilla and blueberries.
- Set aside for a few minutes – depends on how much time you have.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Brush pan with butter.
- Pour the mixture onto the frying pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook each for 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with butter between batches.
- Endless scoops of vanilla ice-cream, strawberries and blueberries
- Pour all of them into the blender and let it do all the work for you.
- Serve chilled.
It would be more proper to serve the pancakes hot, but considering you’re making many of them, you can serve them warm. Plus I think they taste better that way. Complement it with a blueberry shake to achieve absolute satisfaction.
Let’s leave this here. Have a yourself a super-charged 4-day week!
Signing Off ~~~ *Kawi*