Do you ever wish that life had some sort of reset button? Like, I think I just screwed up *RESET*, I don’t like where or how this is going *RESET*, I just want to start all over again just because *RESET*. It could come in handy on one of those bad days gone absolutely wrong. You know the kind where there’s nothing much you can do but just hold out and get through it. The button would look something like this ↓, strategically placed right next to your bed, so that when you close your eye’s and think or experience the above, you can just press it and everything is cleared off (back to factory settings i.e. minus all the baggage).
Unfortunately folks, that does not exist! Sucky huh! I mean out of all the stuff that’s been invented, they just couldn’t have come up with that. That’s what we need the most, not coffee makers, dish washers and sandwich toasters …
ok, that’s a lie, we need those too…hehe. Well, someone of course thought of that and designed a really nice way of resetting your day, month or year (basically your life) back to a near normal again using those important aspects of our lives. Here goes;
- 30 Days to Health. Choose a month to start new eating habits. Maybe you want to become vegetarian, vegan or completely raw or maybe you just want to eliminate processed foods like; frozen food, chips, soft drinks, candy and essential junk foods.
- Go on the Master Cleanse: a 10 day mono-diet fast that will help you reboot your health and eating habits. It helps you rejuvenate your body and your mind. When you’re not spending your energy on digestion, your body can use its energy to heal itself. It’s amazing when you’re fasting how much time you realize you spend thinking about eating and making food. (
hehe I can’t hack this one)
- Reassess your mess. Go through out all your junk and make 3 piles: toss/recycle, donate, and keep. Throw out or donate or sell anything you haven’t used in over a year. The same rule applies with your closet, garage and wardrobe.
- Unwind your mind. We spend a lot of time trying to organize and create more functional living spaces. But we often neglect the most important space we live in: our mind. Now it’s the best time to reboot your mind. Drop disempowering beliefs and drop negativity.
- Reconnect. Most of our ambitions are centered around ourselves, but they don’t all have to be. Maybe you want to make your resolution to spend more time with your partner or your kids. Maybe you want to create a better relationship with your parents. Or perhaps you just want to dissolve a grudge you’ve been holding against someone. Now is a good time to forgive and forget.
- Be more romantic. With all our goals surrounding our careers, productivity, and health, it’s easy to put romance on the back burner. A few ways to jump start your ideas for rekindling romance might be: giving your lover love coupons, spending more quality time together and dating your partner more often. Even if it just means going out for coffee or watching a movie on the couch together. (
For the singles *cough* take it up in future … lol)
Finance (Reboot your bank account)
- Here’s a great exercise to start: Take out a paper and draw a line down the middle. Mark the first side as column a, mark the other side column b.
- Look over your bank account for the past 30 days and write down all your non-essential purchases in column a. This includes things like unneeded spending on clothes, lattes, junk food, renting movies, entertainment, gadgets, CDs, etc. Don’t include things such as rent/mortgage, utility and phone bills.
- Now in column b write down all the things you’d like to have money for to pursue things you’re passionate about. This might be thing like dance lessons, tai chi or yoga classes, a mountain bike, you get the idea. Try to see what you can remove from column a to make more room for the things in column b.
- Maintain the chain. Make a simplified resolution is to create an exercise chain and all you need is a calendar. Choose one month of the year and make a pact to exercise every day. Each day you exercise, you put an X through that day on calendar. Your job is to not break the chain.
- Tap the troupe. It’s easy to fall off the wagon when you’re going it alone. If you join a local fitness group, you’ll have others that will hold you accountable.
Source : John Petrov
As you can see, it’s not as easy as pressing a button. This one consists of reading, writing, challenges … but it’s something anyway. It doesn’t clear off memory but at least it breaks the usual routine and makes you feel different. Sometimes the solution to this messed up moments is just setting up new goals or dream and setting aspirations that come from your heart and what you value most. Then just take it one day at a time, think small but act big.
In other unrelated news, Shujaa day was awesome. I respected the shujaa in myself and gave her a break. The day was spent sleeping, watching movies, eating and eventually thought, “Jeez, I need to do something a little bit more constructive” … hence the post.
A BIG cheers to all our fallen heroes and heroines, we are where we are because of them regardless of how small or big their impact was felt. I sure hope that statement makes sense.
Signing Off ~~~ *Kawi*