It’s been a while since I did a #TGIF post. It could be because of one of these many reasons; I lost that Friday mojo I once had, I got tired of the structures, I became lazy to give all that information, I couldn’t keep up with some sections (I have been reading one e-book for God knows how long) or time just escapes me and the next thing I know, it’s Friday night and No Post. I miss it all the same. I was cheesy, wishful, chatter-boxy, there was never a dull Friday or if it was (which I can bet you there were quite a couple), the post brightened it up.
Let me share with you my current favorite posts (5) on #KawiSnippets – reminds me of my 5 links. I was just checking out some past posts and if I could hi5 myself, I actually have. Months and years later, I’m still able to speak to self through these posts. Then I wonder, what I was going through as I wrote this, because it’s timeless. I think the one resting fact is that, life is a cycle and it repeats itself; the lessons, the challenges, the thoughts, the joys. And in most cases, there are many others going through the same things you are, just in different environments and set-ups.
- Lessons and a bow: Just a series of lessons I learn along the way. Sometimes I get inspired by the things that happen around me and then, even more when I’m able to put them down into words and make some sense out of them.
- The thin line between independence and dependence: When it comes to relationships between spouses, this is always a HOT topic. The women say, let the man be THE man and do his work (i.e. in short, finance the home). The men say, we also need the women chip in. Others say, let’s go Dutch. I did this post because I felt it’s a very thin line that it’s mostly influenced by our backgrounds. How do you balance so that you don’t lean too much on either side?
- The Dilemma: Don’t we all go through this? As long as you have to make a decision about something, there’s always a dilemma on which side to lean on. Once you make that decision, something’s got to give. What do you do with that thing, let go perhaps?
- Letting go of 2013, to let in 2014: It was about learning to celebrate the small victories. Sometimes we’re a little hard on ourselves, yet we achieve so much each day. We strive to see the finish line and miss to see the small strides it took to get there. The wins are in the small strides, not the finish line.
- This blog reminds me of the power of the spoken, in this case, written word. I got the couch I really wanted. Remember the one I mentioned here. At the end of the day, I thank God for that ability to go for it. The blessing to be able to speak a blessing to one-self.
Quote of the Day
Happy Friday Lovelies. Lots of love, light and peace!
Signing Off ~~~ *Kawi*